Welcome to the world of MONSTRO GIGANTO! Take control of one of the four monstros and duke it out against the other player or vs AI in four different arenas. Crafted with all PETSCII graphics with smart and progressively tougher AI, explosive music and sfx besides a generous amount of speech, Monstro Giganto is wrapped up in a challenging gameplay no Commodore monstro can resist!
- Four monsters (with fifth unlocked) to choose from, each with its own unique set of skills.
- Single player mode with progressively tougher AI.
- Two player mode to duke it out against a friend or foe in three rounds fight.
- Hall of Fame (vs AI mode only) for best monstros out there.
- Jukebox with monstro themed music (press SPACE in menu) by Aldo Chiummo.
- Origin Tales, unlockable feature with speech narrated tale of each monstro.
- Help/instructions for a quick game overview.
Please check the included PDF manual for details on rules, controls, unlocking the fifth character and origins besides other helpful details.
The digital version contains Gmod and Easyflash cart files, readme and high resolution PDF manual.
- Monstro_Giganto_gmod2.crt: retail version. Game progress, hiscore table and achievements unlocked are saved onto eeprom. Please use this version on Vice.
- Monstro_Giganto_EF.crt: easyflash version, provided only as a fallback for devices that don't support gmod2. Please use gmod2 version if possible.
Monstro Giganto contains high-quality digital speech that requires a real SID or a modern emulator. Please run the game on a real Commodore 64 or on a recent version of VICE.
Ultimate64 is not supported, unless a real SID chip is installed.
*BOXED CART VERSION
Visit RGCD shop to order a boxed cart version:
The box comes with an 18 page manual with origins comic inside, four pin-button set, postcard and a sticker!
We have spent many months working on this game and we do hope you enjoy it. Proceeds from Monstro Giganto sales are donated to charity so your purchase benefits the good cause. Thank you for your support! ❤❤❤❤
- Game concept and graphics: Lobo
- Code: Antonio Savona
- Music and Sfx: Aldo Chiummo
Thanks to James Monkman of RGCD for extensive hardware testing and support!
Monstro Giganto is © Pirates of Zanzibar 2022 all rights reserved, created and produced by Lobo and Pirates of Zanzibar